Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Harry Potter

So last night, Craig and I braved the midnight showing of Harry Potter.
Something I will never do again.

In the future, I will remember that I belong at the early bird special, with all the other cheap, old, movie fans. Fans who cannot stay up late or be in the same proximity of obnoxious teenagers without wanting to throttle them. Needless to say, no pictures were taken this night.

With that said, as a dedicated Harry Potter fan, I thought it was pretty darn good. A bit slow and very dark, but pretty true to the first half of the book . And more importantly, a wonderful telling of the story.

I will now take my tired, old, sorry butt to bed and try to recuperate from getting home at 3am.
I will be going again next week, when I'm more alert and not so pissed off at those around me.

2 comments:

Jerlynne said...

We must have had a good group of fellow-movie-goers for our midnight showing, because I didn't get annoyed once (except when the movie turned off during the wedding scene - oops!). Although, this possibly could have been due to chocolate/Diet Coke overload from the 9:30 movie we went to (of Morning Glory) to stay awake until our midnight snow. I'm sure I'll be there at midnight in June!

PS - this is one instance in which my insomnia works for me.

Jerlynne said...

D'oh! I meant midnight "show."