Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

A day in the life . . .


We spent this weekend taking care of some things around the house.
First, we had fun watching Dylan while Brandy and Dave went to a wedding.  

Craig installed two rain collections bins.  
We're excited to be able to use all the rain we're supposed be getting to water the plants and garden . . . 
Funny thing is that it rained this morning and this bin is already almost full!

Speaking of our plants and garden, I had to share this beautiful Lollipop Gerber daisy I found at Lowes.
I LOVE this.  The blossom is huge, I can't wait till more bloom.
 I just hope I don't kill it.

And the kids and I planted our garden last weekend and everything has already sprouted. (well, to be fair, a few were seedlings)
We can't wait to see how we do this year.  
We planted corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, green beans, lettuce, green onions, zucchini, yellow squash and cantaloupes.

And lastly, I found out about Knock out roses.  They're beautiful, grow fast and full and stay blooming from Spring through the first frost.  I've been told they do wonderfully here, so we planted several of them.   
I'll let you know how they do.

No comments: