Pages

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

The Tourists!

So I've been to San Francisco quite a bit.  But haven't done too many of the tourist attractions.
So this time we decided to check out some of the more famous sites of San Francisco.




We walked about a third of the way across the bridge, but I gotta tell you,  I was freaking out a bit.  I'm not one for heights and all these horrible scenarios where flying through my brain as my children skipped down the bridge.

Here they are, feeling the vibrations from the cars....
NOT HELPING
And leaning over the edge . . .
again, not helping with my irrational panic attack!
My caring husband just kept say "Oh, would you relax!"
Although, all panicking aside, it was kind of cool!
Of course, I was much happier closer to my own comfort zone . . .
the chocolate factory!
I got us a very yummy sundae to share,
of which we got about 3 bites, before having to chuck it since we had to run back to Pier 39 for our bay cruise.
I'm still a little bitter about that!


But the kids got a real kick out of cruising under the bridge


And Logan loved getting so close to Alcatraz.  We read him the stories about how the sharks in the water made it almost impossible to escape.   He spent most of the trip looking for those sharks.



yeah, it was a bit chilly!


And we, of course, had to hit up the local In and Out. 




We then decided to have a local street vendor draw the kids....

Yeah, it didn't turn out so well.  While we are really thrilled to see a detectives age progression interpretation of Trent when he's 45 and Logan at age 12.  
We're still not sure who the boy in the pink shirt with the mullet is.
(By the way, DO NOT bring this up to Chloe.  It's a VERY sore subject!)

Moving on . . .
Nothing says having a good time like your big brother giving you a world class wedgie!
 
TWICE.
(Trent cracked us all up with his comment:  "We have a sports fan here!")

We took a quick walk on the beach . . .which was another thing I had never done in SF.  
Another cool thing, it was so windy, I got a free microdermabrasion facial.

This is up the hill past the Castro district.   Just that morning, a group put up a huge red ribbon for AIDS awareness that covered the hill side.   I had just read about it in the paper and Craig's friend Randy took us up there.  The view was incredible!

Then we took a trip over to Golden Gate Park to The Conservatory.  
The greenhouse was closed, but the grounds were beautiful.




Then we found the coolest park!
Our brave girl didn't miss a beat before climbing straight to the top of . . 
what did Trent call it... a death trap!

Of course he couldn't let his little sis show him up.


They had these great cement slides where you just grabbed a patch of cardboard and went for it.
Trent said they have these all over the city,  this was the first one I'd ever seen.

But, THESE little chairs were the hit of the day.
They are spinner chairs
and they were awesome!

Everyone had to give them a try.
(Well, not me.  Vomit really is just way too hard to get out of white wool)
Craig and I looked these things up. 
As soon as we can save up $895.00, we're putting one in the back yard!!!
 Watch these videos!   
Totally worth every penny I think!

We also did the usual sights,
Lombard Street
The aquarium

This fish totally cracked me up!!


And then, sadly, we headed home.
Which is always so bitter sweet.   
While we were eager to get home, we hate having to say good bye to Trent.

2 comments:

Jerlynne said...

SF looks like it was so much fun (except for the winter clothing - we get enough of that here)! I got dizzy just watching the videos of people on the spinners (you were smart to avoid the vomit on white wool). Great pictures!!

Contrats Trent!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!! Your family is really growing up. Looks like you all had a great time on your adventures. You guys have the cutest kids!!! Love Chloe's pics and your cakes look amazing Christy! Sheri