Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

As promised . . .

We are happy to announce the arrival of a new family member.
Roger Geoffrey Steindorf
Adopted April 6, 2010 We decided it was time to start looking for a little creature who needed a home. Due to my allergies, I'm pretty limited to the dogs we can have. We submitted an application to Yorkie rescue and hoped they'd call soon.
And they did.
We're not exactly sure what Roger is crossed with. Yorkie and something. Probably Schnauzer since he doesn't effect my allergies. He's 14 pounds, pretty large for a Yorkie. And he has these really long legs that he's never quite sure what to do with, kind of like a baby giraffe. (hence his middle name, Geoffrey). And we think he's about 2 1/2 years old.
He's one great big ball of energy and the kids LOVE him.
Well, . . .except when he's chewing on their stuffed animals
His manners are a bit lacking. But we're working on it.
Sadie is actually doing very well with him.

Although she has no problem biting him when she's had enough.
But he doesn't hold it against her.
We feel very lucky that the powers that be brought him to us. He needed a home with lots of love and patience. And we had lots to give.
Although, I'm learning a little more patience would be nice when I find him standing on my kitchen table eating the kid's breakfast . . .
I like to think Micky would approve!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I'm glad that your family is loving another furry friend!

Jerlynne said...

What a cutie! I have "garden envy", but my kids have "pet envy." Your blog is as close as their gonna get (until they keep their rooms clean - I think we're pretty safe).

Sheri said...

awww what a cute guy!!! He is a leggy guy and looks like he has quite a big personality. I know he will get lots of love.