Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

For Micky

It has been a little over 6 months since we lost our Mick Man. Honestly a day does not go by without us missing him. We recently found a little soul who has joined our family, but I wanted to make sure Micky had his own special post on our family blog before introducing anyone new.
Anyone who knows us, knows how special our animals are to us. I'm sure it goes without saying how much we loved Micky, but I'm going to say it anyway!
Micky, our little man with slight psychopathic tendencies who was truly perfect in his totally imperfect way. Whose heart was literally too big for his little body to contain. He was my shadow and my friend. He was my protector and my alarm clock, knowing exactly when it was 6:00pm every night!
He gave unconditional love and never held a grudge. Even when I'd forget to let him out of his time outs (which he had many!) or gave him a hair cut that was less than stellar (which was often)

He was an expert ball player. He learned to be a wonderful companion . . .
and an even better pillow.

And he completed our family. We will always be thankful
for the wonderful (and sometimes infuriating) times he was with us.
Mick Doohan Steindorf
July '96-October '09
(in case you wondered, Micky was named after an Australian motorcycle racer, said to be one of the greatest racers in history.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Micky is smiling and telling Roger, "You go boy. I've sent you to a special family. Now don't you blow it."

Love,

Mom