Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Our Summer So far!

With the heat that hit Texas, there is no doubt summer has started!
I've been trying to keep the kids busy with friends and activities.  Luckily the library has been a big help with this.  This was their summer kick off party.  Complete with petting zoo, face painting and snakes!






Logan was right at home holding these slithering creatures.

While we were at the snakes, Chloe patiently waited over 45 mins to get her face painted.

In other news, I found an awesome 6 min recipe for caramel on Pinterest.  When I saw it, I just had  to try it.  I'm happy to report it turned out great.  But I didn't have any use for it, so I let the kids make up some candies with it.  They were thrilled.   Of course, three months later and the candies are still sitting in my fridge!

We also headed over the the water way to see if our friend Carlos the turtle was still there.

We didn't see Carlos, but made  a few new friends....

Meanwhile, back at the library,
Chloe took part in a Chocolate lesson, here she and Logan are waiting for it to start.
Logan and I just chilled in the back in hopes for a taste.
As you can see, Logan is trying out a new look.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where the pictures are from the chocolate lesson, but trust me when I say it was YUMMY!

And back at home, the kids continued to find ways to keep busy.
Chloe and Pepper chillin' in the back yard.
Chloe and Daddy getting ready for their date.  Dinner and then a special showing of Singing in the Rain at the theater.

Chloe and Logan just looking cute!



Chloe and Daisy cooking up some zucchini bread.

Oh and the kids are one step closer to their black belts.
They tested for their Green belt in July.
Here is Logan saying his creeds.
 His forms.
 His kicks.
And breaking the board. 
 Then it was Chloe's turn.  Again, with the creeds.
 Her forms.

Her kicks. 
(I bet the instructor is thanking his lucky stars he's got that nice thick pad right about now)

 And finally, SUCCESS!
Congrats to our new green belts!



And finally, just a few shots of the spoiled pooches.

You can see these guys lead a pretty tough life.

 Shelby's Star Wars impersonations
Chewbacca....
and Yoda.
That's it for now!

No comments: